Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 1 Reflection


Week 1 was a lot of work. However, it was filled with challenges that I enjoyed. I really love to write and discovering ways to become a more effective writer is fascinating to me.


I enjoyed many of the assignments given in week 1. Critiquing the arguments in our text truly helped me to think critically and break down essays into several parts. Recognizing the different parts of the argument helped me to reflect on my own ability to write in terms of argument.


Another assignment that I enjoyed was the exploratory draft. Because I am writing about a subject that I am passionate about, I am able to proceed forth into the research confident that I can do a thorough job in defending my proposal.


We had to take part in several discussion boards which leads me into the minds of my classmates. This helps me to better understand concepts we are studying by confirming or refuting my thoughts on a particular subject. It assists me in thinking critically and opens more doors to learning. I found the peer group assignment helpful as I gained new insight from my classmates that I will incorporate in my research. I also enjoyed reading the research proposals of my peers. I tried to give the most helpful suggestions to guide my classmates into a solid direction. It is my hope that they find my suggestions as helpful as I found theirs.


Of course, I think this blog assignment is a great idea. It gives everyone the experience of writing in an open forum about their experiences in this class. Because it is personal, I think we all feel a bit more free to write and reflect upon our thoughts.


Overall, even though the course has an abundance of requirements, I think I will benefit. All the hard work done in this class is sure to pay off in the end. Hard work will result in more knowledge and skill and for that I am thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I saw that you are into health and nutrition as much as me, and I wanted to invite you to join my blog. It's all about health.

    http://healthjunkie-foodyouwanttoeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete