Saturday, February 27, 2010

Course Reflection

After completing this four week course in Advanced Composition, I have learned a tremendous amount and have grown as a writer. I have learned how to effectively defend an argument as well as recognize the components of other writer’s arguments. I have also developed my ability to conduct research in a more effective manner. I have learned how to eliminate wordiness from my writing. As result, I have discovered how to convey my thoughts in a way that is clear and concise.


At the beginning of this course, I knew that our instructor had high expectations of our work. The amount of work that was expected of us seemed a bit overwhelming at first. However, as the course unfolded, I found that the organization of the class assisted me in completing my tasks successfully. I felt I exceeded the expectations of the class. I turned in my assignments in a timely manner and did not procrastinate on assignments. I also put forth my best effort in each assignment that was given.

As far as my research paper is concerned, I felt that I did an excellent job conducting research and formatting the paper appropriately. By learning about the structure of arguments along the way, I was able to organize my paper that was consistent with what I learned. Additionally, I chose a topic that was of great interest to me which made the research process more appealing.

There is very little that I would change if I had to take this course over again. I did make one mistake in regards to my peer group. I posted my rough draft under the exploratory draft thread and did not get the kind of feedback that I needed. Because of this, one thing that I would change is to thoroughly look over all components of the discussion threads to ensure that I am posting my assignments in the appropriate areas. Other than that one aspect, I would do everything else in the same manner because I felt that I gained from staying organized and well on task.

The grade that I feel that I have earned is an A/A-. I honestly feel that I put forth my best effort in everything that I set out to accomplish. As a result, I have learned a vast amount of new knowledge about arguments, writing and research. It is my hope that I have met the instructor’s expectations and the work that I have done is of a professional nature, meeting or exceeding what was anticipated. I truly feel successful in all that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment